Tuesday, April 2, 2013

27 weeks

How Far Along: 27 weeks today. E2 should be about 2 pounds, the size of a head of cauliflower (or a rutabaga...can't say I've ever held a rutabaga.

Total Weight Gain/Loss: As of yesterday, still 22 pounds total. Apparently coming down with a horrible chest cold and losing my appetite for a few days has some benefits (although feeling like I'm suffocating in mucus isn't one).

Maternity Clothes: Yep.

Movement: E2 was a little quieter than usual most of last week. Thankfully, he stepped it up a bit the last few days, and was super squirmy today while I was at work. (Over the weekend he seemed Hell bent on kicking/punching me repeatedly in the cervix. OMG OUCH!) He's also getting the hiccups at least three times per day.

Sleep: Now that my cold is on its (slow ass) way out, I'm sleeping better once again.

Gender: A baby brother for Aliya and Bennett.

Symptoms: My feet and ankles are definitely more swollen some afternoons/evenings than ever before, and sometimes my hands are also a bit swollen. I can still wear my wedding rings, but Paul bought me a chain for my birthday - specifically so I can wear Aliya and Bennett's locket once again (I want to be sure to wear it for delivery, if they'll let me), but also so I can hang my rings from it and keep them close once they're too tight to wear. I'm moving more slowly these days, which is sort of new, and have to take a minute to get going from a seated position. Also, the round ligament pains have increased over the last week, and I have some residual, constant achiness on both sides of my lower abdomen.

Cravings: None.

Belly Button In or Out: Still in, but achier and the top is starting to turn inside out a little. My former boss saw me and commented on my turkey timer today. :) I also appear to be getting the start of stretch marks around the sucker in the form of slightly darkened, almost faintly bruised patterns all around it. Bummer.

Freak-out of the Week: None, just some general worries (nothing too specific).

Looking Forward To: Our next milestone, 28 weeks. :)

Next Appointment: Monday, April 8th for another cervical length ultrasound and the dreaded glucose challenge test. We also have a growth ultrasound for E2 and a follow-up with my MFM for me on Thursday, April 11th. I'm really, really anxious to find out how big this baby is (or, how much extra fluid I have, if that's the case), because OMG belly.

Miscellaneous: The number of weekends left in this pregnancy are decreasing rapidly, which really drives home how much it feels there is left to do: hold spots at daycares, get the nursery ready (all of which hinges on us making decisions on the work to be done, plus my decorating vagueness), find a pediatrician, etc. All the while, I'm once again learning a new job (sort of) with an entirely different team of people (totally) and potentially facing uncertainty about my position due to budget cuts and pending layoffs. Oy. Fun times...but regardless of what happens or when, this baby boy will make it all ok!

The belly at 27 weeks. Funny, it actually looks
a little smaller than last week. It sure doesn't
feel that way!

5 comments:

  1. Yay for progress! Glad you are sleeping and feeling better. Re: swollen ankles--if your insurance is decent, they should pay for prescription jobst support stockings. I wore knee high ones and they helped a lot, esp. at work, but are crazy expensive so make sure you're not getting the bill.

    ReplyDelete
  2. THere is NOTHING worse than being sick while pregnant...ugh, been there and done that!!! Glad you are starting to feel better. So excited that you are again so close to reaching your next goal. Thinking of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Almost to the third trimester! I feel like your pregnancy is going so fast also!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have such a cute baby bump!

    ReplyDelete

What are your thoughts?